Agility Dog Club of S.A.
|Home History Committee Training Noticeboard Magazine Schedules Links/FAQ|
Since 2002, ADCSA has trained at Barratt Reserve, the West Beach clubgrounds
of the German Shepherd Dog Club on West Beach Road, situated approximately
500m. west of Tapleys Hill Road, on the southern side, which is well sign-posted.
UBD map reference : Map 128 Ref. C 5
We train on Thursday evenings, late February to mid-November, with a Beginners'
induction class held for new members on the first Thursday evening of each month:
if this once-only session has to be cancelled (see below) it's held the following week.
must be 12 months old before beginning their Agility training, and a
While we doesn't ask any particular level of previous Obedience training,
some basic Obedience is necessary for dogs to be able to work off-lead as
soon as they're familiar with the equipment, and so make greater progress
and have more fun in their training. If your dog isn't yet old enough to join
our club, we recommend you join an Obedience club to give you that 'edge'
when you're ready for Agility.
NB: Proof of your dog/s' current Vet. vaccination will be required on joining/renewing membership
MEMBERSHIP FEES 2013
NB: existing members renewing after the end of March of each year
will incur a re-joining fee.
Joining/re-joining fee: $15.00
*Junior (Under 17) $ 20.00
(* also Committee, Instructors,
& Social members which includes 5 training sessions )
N.B: from July 1st of each year, annual membership subscriptions
are charged at 50% of the annual rate. The joining fee remains $15.00
The club does not offer credit card facilities but payments can be made
by bank transfer to : A/c. name : Agility Dog Club of S.A.
BSB: 805050 ; Acct. No: 61297807
Download a Membership application/enrolment form here
If paying this way, you will need to provide a copy of the transaction receipt,
as well as your dog's current vaccination certificate with your membership form,
either by e-mail or on your first training night.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Members are required to attend
by 7.00 pm to assist with the setting up of equipment,
|back to top|
Rules, Regulations & expectations of members ...
It is all members' responsibility to be familiar with the ANKC Agility Safety Guidelines.
Copies of this document, and of the A.N.K.C. Agility & Jumping Rules,
are available at the club, or can be downloaded from the AgilitySA web-site.
Club members in the Intermediate and Trialing classes are expected to have
a good working knowledge of the application of these regulations.
TRAINING ... NB: dogs may not wear slip collars or attachments which might catch on equipment.
1. A dog must be 12 months of age before beginning Agility training.
2. The dog must be deemed fit by an instructor, on behalf of the Head Instructor.
3. The dog must be under control.
4. No dog will be permitted off lead in the training area without the permission of an instructor.
5. The equipment is not to be used unless with the permission of an instructor.
6. Although all due care will be taken, a dog and handler will undertake training at their own risk.
7. All courses must be run in proper numerical order.
8. An instructor has the right to ask a handler to leave if found to be putting a dog at risk of injury.
9. No dog which is suspected of suffering from an infectious or contagious disease (e.g. Parvo, Kennel Cough etc.)
or exposed to the risk of such disease will not be permitted to train for a period of five weeks dating from the
infection or exposure.
10. Membership badges must be worn at all times during training.
11. Vaccination certificates must be sighted by a committee member within one month of joining/renewing membership.
12. Bitches in oestrum will not be permitted on the training grounds.
13. All dogs droppings must be removed by the owner of the dog.
14. No slip-, or restricted-slip-collars may be worn during Agility training.
CANCELLATION OF TRAINING
1. If there is consistent
rain in the training area, prior to training on a given night, training
will be cancelled.
2. If during the
day the temperature reaches 34° degrees, training may be suspended.
If your dogs are not affected
3. There will be
no training on: (a) The Thursday prior to Easter.
1. The Head
Instructor will have an Agility Dog Title and have instructed in agility
for a minimum of 2 years.
be eligible to be nominated for a committee position a person must
At least 7 years membership of the club has been attained, and,
|back to top||
The Head Instructor or delegate has the right to ask a handler
to muzzle their dog. If this is
CONTROL OF REPRIMANDS TO DOGS
person may treat their dog in any manner which could include excessive
reprimanding, physical abuse
or the like.
|back to top||